Executive Resources Inc. and The Pilgrims’ Center – E.R. I. (“The Pilgrims’ Center”) complies with the Data Privacy Act of 2012 and is committed to safeguarding your privacy and ensuring that you continue to trust The Pilgrims’ Center with your personal information. When you interact with us, you may share personal information with us which allows identification of you as an individual (e.g. name, email, address, telephone number, etc.). This is known as “personal information”.
This notice (“Privacy Notice”) sets out:
1. Scope and acceptance
2. Personal information collected by The Pilgrims’ Center
3. Children’s personal information
4. Why The Pilgrims’ Center collects personal information and how it uses it
5. Sharing of personal information by The Pilgrims’ Center
6. Your rights
7. Cookies and other technologies
8. Information security and retention
9. How to contact us
1. Scope and acceptance of this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice applies to the personal information that we collect about you for the purposes of providing you with our travel products and services we offer.
By using The Pilgrims’ Center Sites (as defined below) or by giving us your personal information, you accept the practices described in this Privacy Notice. If you do not agree to this Privacy Notice, please do not use The Pilgrims’ Center Sites (as defined below) or give us any personal information.
The Pilgrims’ Center reserves the right to make changes to this Privacy Notice at any time. We encourage you to regularly review this Privacy Notice to make sure you are aware of any changes and how your personal information may be used.
2. Information collected by The Pilgrims’ Center
The Pilgrims’ Center may collect personal information about you from a variety of sources, including through:
• Online and electronic interactions with us, including via The Pilgrims’ Center websites, mobile applications, text messaging programs or through The Pilgrims’ Center branded pages or applications on third party social networks (e.g. Facebook) (The Pilgrims’ Center Sites);
• Offline interactions with us, including via direct marketing campaigns, hard copy registration cards, competition entries and contacts through The Pilgrims’ Center telephone lines and offices; and
• Your interaction with online targeted content (such as advertisements) that The Pilgrims’ Center, or service providers on our behalf, provide to you via third party websites or applications.
2.1 Information that you provide to us directly
This is information that you provide to us with your consent for a specified purpose, including:
• Personal contact information, including any information allowing The Pilgrims’ Center to contact you in person (e.g. name, home or (e)mail address, and phone number);
• Demographic information, including date of birth, age, gender, location (e.g. zip code, city and state and geo-location), dietary and other travel-related preferences, favourite products, hobbies, interests, and household or lifestyle information;
• Payment information, including to make purchases (e.g. credit card number, expiration date, billing address);
• Financial or professional information, in accordance with requirements by embassies in application for visas, (e.g. Income Tax Return, Marriage/ Birth Certificate, Employment Certificate, DTI Business Permit)
• Account login information, including any information that is required for you to establish a user account with The Pilgrims’ Center (e.g. login ID/email, user name, password and security question/answer);
• Consumer feedback, including information that you share with The Pilgrims’ Center about your experience in using The Pilgrims’ Center products and services (e.g. your comments and suggestions, testimonials and other feedback related to The Pilgrims’ Center products); and
• Consumer-generated content, including any content (e.g. photos, videos and personal stories) that you create and then share with The Pilgrims’ Center (and perhaps others) by uploading it to a The Pilgrims’ Center Site.
2.2. Information that we collect when you interact with The Pilgrims’ Center Sites
2.3 Information collected from other sources
We may collect information about you from other legitimate sources for the purpose of providing you with our products and services. Such sources include third party information aggregators, The Pilgrims’ Center promotional partners, public sources and third party social networking sites with whom you have given consent for the disclosure of information relating to you and where otherwise lawfully permitted. Such information may include:
• personal contact information; and
• any personal information that is part of your profile on a third party social network (e.g. Facebook) and that you allow that third party social network to share with us (e.g. name, email address, gender, birthday, city, profile picture, user ID, friend list). You can learn more about the information that we may obtain about you by visiting the website of the relevant third party social network.
We may also receive personal information about individuals when we acquire other companies.
3. Children’s personal information
The Pilgrims’ Center does not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from children below the age of 12. If The Pilgrims’ Center discovers that it has accidentally collected personal information from a child below 12, it will remove that child’s personal information from its records as soon as reasonably possible. However,The Pilgrims’ Center may collect personal information about children below the age of 12 years of age from the parent or custodian directly and therefore with their explicit consent.
4 Why The Pilgrims’ Center collects personal information and how it uses it
The Pilgrims’ Center collects and uses personal information only as necessary for the purposes for which it was obtained. The Pilgrims’ Center may use your personal information for some or all of the following purposes:
• Travel-related Services– to book you for flights, hotel accommodations, tours transfers, visas and other related travel products that are in offered by The Pilgrims’ Center. Please note that The Pilgrims’ Center works with many third party partners to provide these services including but not limited to airlines, hotels, tour and transport companies and foreign embassies. We recommend that you read their policies, including on privacy.
• Account maintenance– to create and maintain your accounts with us, including administering any consumer loyalty or rewards programs that are associated with your account.
• Consumer service– to provide you with consumer service, including responses to your inquiries, complaints and general feedback about our products. Consumer service may be provided in person or through various forms of communication, including via email, letter, telephone and online chat features.
• Consumer engagement– to get you more actively engaged with our products and services. This may involve the use or publication of consumer-generated content.
• Personalisation – The Pilgrims’ Center may combine personal information about you collected from one source (e.g. a website) with information collected from another source (e.g. an offline event). This provides The Pilgrims’ Center with a more complete view of you as a consumer, which, in turn, allows The Pilgrims’ Center to serve you better and with greater personalisation, including in respect of the following:
• Websites – to improve and personalise your experience on websites, using information such as account login information, technical computer information, and/or previous website usage information;
• Products – to improve The Pilgrims’ Center’s products, tailor them to your needs and come up with new product ideas. This includes the use of demographic information, consumer profiling information and consumer feedback; and
• Interest-based advertising – to serve you advertisements tailored to your interests. One way The Pilgrims’ Center does this is to match activities or information collected on The Pilgrims’ Center Sites with information collected about you on third party sites (i.e. data-matching). This type of advertising is also known as “online behavioural advertising” or “targeted advertising”. Such personalisation is typically performed via cookies or similar technologies.
Marketing communications – to provide you with marketing communications where you have opted-in to receiving such communications (including information about The Pilgrims’ Center, its products and services and promotions). These can be shared via electronic means (e.g. SMS, emails and online advertising) and via post.
If you opt-in to receiving SMS, your mobile service provider’s policy for receiving SMS will apply, which may be at a fee.
Social features – to offer you a number of social features, including the following:
Website community features on a The Pilgrims’ Center Site
When you visit a The Pilgrims’ Center Site with a community feature and upload or share pictures, videos, artwork or other content, The Pilgrims’ Center may use and display the personal information that you share on such sites.
Website viral features
The Pilgrims’ Center may use your personal information to offer you website viral features, such as a tell-a-friend program, where you can share certain news, product information, promotions or other content with family and friends.
This typically requires the collection and use of personal contact information (e.g. names and emails) so that the selected one-time message/content can be delivered to their recipients.
• Third party social networking
The Pilgrims’ Center may use your personal information from when you interact with third party social networking features such as “Facebook Connect” or “Facebook Like”. These features may be integrated on The Pilgrims’ Center Sites including for purposes such as running contests and allowing you to share content with friends.
If you use these features, The Pilgrims’ Center may have the ability to obtain certain personal information about you from your social networking information. You can learn more about how these features work, and the profile information The Pilgrims’ Center may obtain about you, by visiting the website of the relevant third party social network.
• Other specific purposes
We may use your personal information for other specific business purposes, including to maintain the day-to-day operation and security of The Pilgrims’ Center Sites, to conduct demographic studies or audits, and to contact you for consumer research.
5 Sharing of personal information by The Pilgrims’ Center
The Pilgrims’ Center does not share your personal information with any third party that intends to use it for direct marketing purposes, unless you have provided specific consent in relation to this.
The Pilgrims’ Center may share your personal information with third parties for other purposes, but only in the following circumstances:
The Pilgrims’ Center may provide your personal information to its affiliates or related companies for legitimate business purposes.
5.2 Service providers
The Pilgrims’ Center may engage service providers, agents or contractors to provide services on its behalf, including to administer The Pilgrims’ Center Sites and services available to you. These third parties may come to access or otherwise process your personal information in the course of providing these services.
The Pilgrims’ Center requires such third parties, who may be based outside the country from which you have accessed the The Pilgrims’ Center Site or service, to comply with all relevant information protection laws and security requirements in relation to your personal information, usually by way of a written agreement.
5.3 Partners and joint promotions
The Pilgrims’ Center may run a joint or co-sponsored program or promotion with another company and, as part of your involvement in the activity, collect and use your personal information.
Your personal information will only be shared with another company if you have opted in to receive information directly from that company. The Pilgrims’ Center encourages you to read the privacy notice of any such company before sharing personal information. If you do not want your personal information to be collected by or shared with a company other than The Pilgrims’ Center, you can always choose not to participate in such activity. If you do opt-in to communications from such a company, remember that you always have the right to opt-out and you would need to contact that company directly to do so.
5.4 Legal requirements and business transfer
The Pilgrims’ Center may disclose your personal information if it is required to do so by law or if, in The Pilgrims’ Center’s good faith judgment, such legal disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with legal processes or respond to any claims.
In the event of a full or partial merger with, or acquisition of all or part of The Pilgrims’ Center by another company, the acquirer would have access to the information maintained by that The Pilgrims’ Center business, which could include personal information.
6 Your rights
You are afforded rights in relation to your personal information under the Data Privacy Act of 2012, including the right to access, correction, and objection to the processing, including the right to lodge a complaint with the National Privacy Commission.
You have a right to request access to your personal information. You may send us ([email protected]) a request for access. Depending on the nature of the request, The Pilgrims’ Center may charge a reasonable fee for providing access to your personal information.
You also have the right to request that The Pilgrims’ Center correct any inaccuracies in your personal information. If you have an account with The Pilgrims’ Center for a The Pilgrims’ Center Site, this can usually be done through the appropriate “your account” or “your profile” section(s) on the The Pilgrims’ Center Site (if available). Otherwise, you can send us ([email protected]mage.ph) a request to rectify your information.
7 Cookies and other tracking technologies
7.1.1 What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the website.
7.1.3 What types of cookies may be used on The Pilgrims’ Center Sites?
We may use the following types of cookies on The Pilgrims’ Center Sites:
Session cookies – These are temporary cookie files which are erased when you close your browser. When you restart your browser and go back to the site that created that cookie, the website will treat you as a new visitor.
Persistent cookies – These cookies stay on your browser until you delete them manually or until your browser deletes them based on the duration period set within the cookie. These cookies will recognize you as a return visitor.
Necessary cookies – Necessary cookies are strictly necessary for the operation of a The Pilgrims’ Center Site. They enable you to navigate around the site and use our features.
Cookies that send information to us – These are the cookies that we set on a The Pilgrims’ Center Site and they can only be read by that site. This is known as a “First Party” cookie.
We also place cookies on The Pilgrims’ Center advertisements which are placed on other websites owned by third parties (e.g. Facebook). We obtain information via those cookies when you click on or interact with the advertisement. In this situation The Pilgrims’ Center is placing a “Third Party” cookie. The Pilgrims’ Center may use the information obtained by these cookies to serve you with advertising that is relevant and of interest to you based on your past online behaviour.
Cookies that send information to other companies – These are cookies that are set on a The Pilgrims’ Center Siteby our partner companies (e.g. Facebook or advertisers). They may use the information collected from these cookies to anonymously target advertising to you on other websites, based on your visit to the The Pilgrims’ Center Site. For example, if you use a social widget (e.g. the Facebook icon) on a The Pilgrims’ Center Site, it will record your “share” or “like”. Facebook (as the company setting the cookie) will collect the information.
7.1.4 Examples of cookies used on this Website
7.1.5 Other similar technologies
The Pilgrims’ Center Sites also make use of other tracking technologies including IP addresses, log files and web beacons, which also help us tailor The Pilgrims’ Center Sites to your personal needs.
An IP address is a number that is used by computers on the network to identify your computer every time you log on to the Internet. We may record IP Addresses for the following purposes: (i) troubleshoot technical concerns, (ii) maintain website safety and security (iii) better understand how our websites are utilized, and (iv) to better tailor content to your needs depending on the country you are in.
We (or a third party on our behalf) may collect information in the form of logs files that record website activity and gather statistics about a user’s browsing habits. These entries are generated anonymously, and help us gather (among other things) (i) a user’s browser type and operating system, (ii) information about a user’s session (such as the URL they came from, the date and time they visited our website, and which pages they’ve viewed on our website and for how long), and, (iii) other similar navigational or click-stream information (e.g. site traffic reporting and unique visitor counts).
We may use web beacons (or clear GIFs) on the The Pilgrims’ Center Sites. Web beacons (also known as “web bugs”) are small strings of code that provide a method of delivering a graphic image on a web page for the purpose of transferring information back to us. We use web beacon information for a variety of purposes, including information as to how a user responds to email campaigns (e.g. the time the email is opened, where the user links to from the email), site traffic reporting, unique visitor counts, advertising and email auditing and reporting, and personalization.
7.1.6 Manage your cookies/preferences
You should ensure that your computer setting reflects whether you are happy to accept cookies or not. You can set your browser to warn you before accepting cookies, or you can simply set it to refuse them. You do not need to have cookies on to use or navigate through many parts of The Pilgrims’ Center Sites although you may not have access to all the features on The Pilgrims’ Center Sites if you do so. See the ‘help’ button on your browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox) for how you can do this. Remember that if you use different computers in different locations, you will need to ensure that each browser is adjusted to suit your cookie preferences.
As a web beacon forms part of a webpage, it is not possible to ‘opt-out’ but you can render them ineffective by opting out of the cookies they set.
Additionally, where available, you can exercise your choice in allowing for cookies to be placed on your computer or to opt-out of cookies by visiting the following sites and selecting which company’s cookies you would like to opt out of: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/#completed orhttp://www.youronlinechoices.eu/
8 Information security and retention
8.1 Information security
In order to keep your personal information secure, The Pilgrims’ Center has implemented a number of security measures, including:
• Secure operating environments – The Pilgrims’ Center stores your information in secure operating environments and only accessible to The Pilgrims’ Center employees, agents and contractors on a need-to-know basis. The Pilgrims’ Center also follows generally accepted industry standards in this respect.
• Encryption for payment information – The Pilgrims’ Center uses industry-standard encryption to provide protection for sensitive financial information, such as credit card information sent over the Internet (e.g. when you make payments through The Pilgrims’ Center’s online stores).
• Prior authentication for account access – The Pilgrims’ Center requires its registered consumers to verify their identity (e.g. login ID and password) before they can access or make changes to their account. This is aimed to prevent unauthorized accesses.
Please note that these protections do not apply to personal information you choose to share in public areas such as on community websites.
The Pilgrims’ Center will only retain your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the stated purpose, taking into account also our need to answer queries or resolve problems, provide improved and new services, and comply with legal requirements under applicable laws.
This means that we may retain your personal information for a period of 10 years after your last interaction with us. When the personal information that we collect is no longer required, we destroy or delete it in a secure manner.
9 Contact us
The Pilgrims’ Center acts as “data protection officer” for the personal information it processes in the framework of this Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or comments regarding this Privacy Notice or The Pilgrims’ Center’s personal information collection practices, please contact us by:
– phone at (02) 523-8581
– email at [email protected]
– mail at Data Protection Office, 7F The Pilgrims’ Center, 758 P. Ocampo St., Malate, Manila
Copyright © 2018 The Pilgrims’ Center – E.R.I.